The Italian Society of Medical and Interventional Radiology (SIRM) is one of the major Italian and European scientific societies with more than 11 500 members.
Founded in 1913, SIRM is a no-profit association with the purpose of supporting and connecting Italian radiologists throughout the country by providing educational programs and valuable services for their professional excellence.
The society main activities are:
- Delivering professional training to its members (CME)
- Organizing scientific events, national and regional congresses, disease awareness initiatives
- Encouraging research and best practices across specialty sections and regional groups
- Publishing three radiological reviews/journals
- Producing and sharing medical guidelines in the radiological area
- Supporting its members in their daily professional life with specific services